Pendleton Board Shirt - Red Plaid 1954
Price 189,00 €
- Varies by model
The Original Board Shirt. A True Classic.
Has the product or model you have been looking for run out of stock?
If the product or model you have been looking for is out of stock, subscribe to availability notification.
- Pick-up from the shop
- 0,00 €
- You can pick up your order from our shop at Lempäälä. You can contact us if needed by email or with WhatsApp +358453531706
- Matkahuolto parcel
- 0,00 €
- Matkahuolto delivers your domestic parcel within 1-3 business days. When the parcel is available for pick-up, they will notify the recipient by SMS or email. Parcel is trackable.
- Pick-up from a postal outlet or from a Posti's parcel locker
- 6,90 €
- Pick-up from a Posti outlet or from a Posti's parcel locker of your choice.
- Posti Express
- 12,90 €
- Express items (order made before 15.00) are delivered to you during the next working day between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. across nearly all of Finland.
Your order can be shipped with these shipping methods.
In the good ol’ days, thick wool flannel collared shirts were a pretty basic thing. There was just one small issue with them. They we’re all Grey. Until 1924 when Pendleton started to make woolen shirts with colorful patterns and tartans. And they still do, with that same heritage and craftsmanship from the early days.
- 100% pure wool
- Rugged, midweight fabric is water, odor and stain-resistant
- Red Plaid 1954 Throwback (32370)
- USA fabric, shirt made in Mexico
- Regular cut (AA022)
- ideal for camping, hiking or just hanging out in the great outdoors.
There are a lot of different style and quality shirts put there, and these are the better ones. When you try it, you know the difference. The cut is classic: square bottom, two bias-cut pockets, button front. Style is quite same as it was in the 50’s.
Before wetsuits, 1950s-era California surfers layered Pendleton shirts and trunks over petroleum jelly to stay warm on the waves. On shore, surfers wore the same wool shirts over khakis, and a trend was born. The Pendleton Board Shirt is an essential part of rock’n roll culture and is made famous by users like Kurt Cobain and the Beach Boys.
The Original Surf Plaid is a nod to the swinging 60's and California Surf culture. In '63 Pendleton shirts hit the airwaves with the Majorettes hit song, "White Levis". As the lyrics said, "My boyfriend's always wearin' white Levi's... and his tennis shoes and his surfin' hat and a big plaid Pendleton shirt." Soon after, a group called The Pendletones began to sing about the California surfing scene. They changed their name to the Beach Boys, but kept their uniform of Pendleton shirts worn over tee shirts with khakis. The band wore their blue and charcoal plaid shirts on the covers of 45s and LPs throughout the 1960s. This is a limited edition revival of that shirt.
From the Archives. Sometimes Pendleton Crew goes through their archives for the inspiration. These patterns are based on authentic vintage designs, drawn from over a century of inspired style and pattern in thr Pendleton Woolen Mills archive. So fr example, if you're looking for authentic 50's style look, 50's archive pattern is just the way to go!
Material and care
The fabric is made from rugged, mid-weight (305g/m2) Pure Virgin Umatilla Wool, that is supplied by Oregon ranchers and woven in Pendleton American mills. Wash in 30 degrees Celsius with wool cycle and with like colors, hang dry. Light steam press warm iron, as needed. Wool is a great material and have various good qualities: it’s warm, water, odor and stain resistant. Usually just airing the shirt out is enough.
Size Chart, Measures in cm and inches. Regular (AA022) shirts.
Regular shirts fit approx.168-185 cm tall. If you are taller than that, we suggest "Tall" versions.
How to measure?
- Neck: Measure around the base of your neck.
- Chest: Measure under your arms and at the fullest part of your chest.
- Waist: Measure from center back of neck across shoulder and down to wrist.
- Sleeve: Measure around waist at the narrowest point.
|XS||35½ (14")||84-89 (33-35")||68½-74 (27-29")||82½-84 (32½-33")|
|S||38 (15")||91½-96½ (36-38")||76-81 (30-32")||84-85 (33-33½")|
|M||40½ (16")||99-104 (39-41")||84-89 (33-35")||86½-87½ (34-34½")|
|L||43 (17")||107-114 (42-45")||91½-99 (36-39")||89-90 (35-35½")|
|XL||46 (18")||117-124½ (46-49")||101½-109 (40-43")||91½-92½ (36-36½")|
|XXL||47-48 (18½-19")||127-134½ (50-53")||112-117 (44-46")||92-93 (36¼-36¾")|